Water Use -
We report water use for approximately 380 sites where our monthly use exceeds 10,000 gallons. Water is reported as total volume used across several categories. Approximately 21% of the water we use is supplied by municipalities or other water utilities, while the remaining 79% is provided by our customers or procured from surface and well waters, or other industrial sources.
In 2011, Linde’s global water use was 46.4 million cubic meters, 14% higher than in 2010. The largest single factor for this increase was higher production due to growing global customer demand and a number of new plants brought on-line. See our water consumption per year below.
|YEAR||WATER CONSUMPTION IN MILLION CUBIC METERS|
These numbers do not include once-through, non-contact cooling water, where water is drawn from and returned to the same body of water without the addition of chemicals or contaminants.